Rick Murphy wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 6:27 PM, Larry Alkoff <labrad...@mindspring.com>
> wrote:
>> I recently updated Dx4win to 8.04 and found the following mysterious
>> errors when I examine the "Needed Countries" listing.
>>
>> The following countries _appear_ on the Needed list that I know have
>> been worked and confirmed by me and appear as confirmed when I examine
>> the entries in the log.
>> FO8AT           Clipperton
>> K1IMP/KC4       Navassa
>> K4IA/KC4        Navassa
>
> Are you using the country file that came with DX4WIN 8.04 (or an
> update from AD1C?)
>
> When you open those entries in your log, what entity appears? When
> were the QSOs made and what mode?
> You can find them using "F8" in the QSO window, entering the call in
> the "Callsign" window and hitting enter.
>
> I ask about the date because there were cases in the older versions of
> DX4WIN where you were given credit for QSOs prior to January 1, 1975
> (the start date for the CW DXCC award). 8.0 was updated to properly
> account for those.
>
>> On the other hand, at least one country I have never worked does _not_
>> appear on the Needed list
>> Marion Island
>
> What do you see from DX4WIN if you search for ZS8 QSOs? (on the QSO
> window, press F8, enter ZS8 into the "Prefix" field and press enter.)
> 73,
>    -Rick

FO8AT in the log:
   FO8AT   FO0 (FO zero)  8/20/58 cw 20m

K1IMP/KC4  KP1          9/1/66  cw 20m

K4IA/KC4   KP1          6/23/69  cw 20m

I still don't understand why they don't appear and I wonder how many
other old qsos are missing, perhaps from obscure cw bands that I no
longer need.

Good news:
        I actually worked ZS8MI twice in April 04.
    Qsl says Marion Island.
    When I look under F1 in the prefix list, there is no Marion Island
    but Pr Edward I appears.
    The location is given as Marion Island with coordinates:
    S36?52'35''  E37?51'39''
    So did I work Marion Island after all, or this a different place?

Thanks for your help Rick.

Larry