I was working with Bob WA8VPN this afternoon to find out why the
update didn't work for him.  He's running 7.02, and when he started
DX4WIN, there was an exception pop-up that reported a duplicate award
value, "Nam-ku (B17)", and DX4WIN was left in Demo mode.  No one else
has reported this, but it's easy to fix. Open your
DX4W###\SAVE\DX4WIN.AWD file using Wordpad (*not* Microsoft Word), and
find this line (it's line #104,482, you can search (control-F) for
"[KDN]":

;      the name to prevent duplication, i.e. B17=Nam-ku (B17)

Delete the line and save the file.

I don't know why this causes a problem, since the award value is
inside a comment.  Bob saw the problem on one PC running 7.02, but a
second PC did not demonstrate the problem.

The next release of the award database will have a permanent fix for
this problem.

73 - Jim AD1C

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreis...@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us