All,

At the end of the NAQP I was "told" by a station that I was calling that I
should drop the /8 from my call (W9ILY/8) as it is not used in contests.
Actually, that person was not correct in that some contests specifically
state that the call zone must be indicated if different from the licensed
call zone. The station I was working refused to add the /8 after my call, so
I guess it won't count for one of us, probably him as he won't report the
correct call.

As many of you know, I have operated from a number of states and have used
/7, /8, /9 and /0, mainly to differentiate between the operating locations.
If I were only to give my name and state (with a variety of states such as
OR, IA, MT, NE, WY, ND, SD, WI, IN, OH, MI, etc. from which I have operated)
I'm sure that the correct state would be questioned many times. Am I not
correct in this thinking? I sure don't want to make it more difficult for
the receiving station to copy the correct info the very first time. In all
the operations that I have made, this is the very first time that I have
been "told" to drop the /8 suffix.

73,

John W9ILY