From: Larry Gauthier (K8UT) [mailto:k...@k8ut.com]
Sent: Friday, 2 September 2011 21:59
To: John Shaw; dx4win@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Dx4win] Using different calls

John,

Imagine that you create three subdirectories: \MACROS, \ZL1BYZmacros and
\ZL9ABCmacros. In the ZL1 and ZL9 subdirectories you place identically named
files: FK_F1.txt, FK_F2.txt, FK_F3.txt...

If F1 in your DX4WIN function keys is "CallCQ", then in the file
ZL1BYZmacros\FK_F1.txt you would place "CQ CQ CQ de ZL1BYZ ZL1BYZ K",
whereas within ZL9ABCmacros\FK_F1.txt would be "CQ CQ CQ de ZL9ABC ZL9ABC
K." You would follow that pattern for all of the function keys - identical
files with identical macros -- except for the callsign - in those two
subdirectories. (This technique only issues ONE file request once per
function key press.)

Next, within Dx4Win, define all of the functions keys to call those
filenames BUT refer to the \MACROS subdirectory. Thus the F1 CallCQ
definition would be "CallCQ|%f..\MACROS\FK_F1%", F2 ReplyCQ
"ReplyCQ|%f..\MACROS\FK_F2%"...

Finally, when you want to be ZL1BYZ, use Windows Explorer to copy/paste all
files from \ZL1BYZmacros into \MACROS. When you want to be ZL9ABC,
copy/paste all of the files from \ZL9ABCmacros into \MACROS.

-larry
K8UT