I recently wrote a program that fulfilled the needs of one person as relating
to the Fred Fish Memorial Award.  He said it saved him ours of work.  The
program scanned his log looking for QSOs that qualified for the FFMA.  It then
output a .CSV file that he imported into Excel (I think) and made a form with
all the information that the entry for required.

Rather than have a program specific for ONE award, Jim AD1C and I thought it
might be better and more usable if the program "knew" about other awards and
would produce (probably) .CSV files with information that could be read into
Excel, Access,etc and "pretty'd up" (if needed) prior to printing.

Do any of you have a "wish list" of reports, exports,etc that you WISHED you
had to make tracking and/or submitting an entry for a Custom award?  By Custom
award, I mean those where you specify a in the Custom award field in DX4WIN;
this does NOT mean any of the built in awards that DX4WIN does such a good job
of tracking already.

In the program I wrote, I found the QSOs independent of what the "Custom award"
was set to.  In other words, I found the QSOs based upon the award criteria and
not the Custom award name value.  Another feature I thought of adding was to
(optionally) produce a .DXQ file with the Award information filled in for those
QSOs that qualify.  Then all you have to do is import the .DXQ file and your
log will then have the award information filled in for viewing from within
DX4WIN.

Please let me know if you have comments or suggestions.

73, Lee  N7NU