I have discovered that when I update my CTY file (using Jim's DATA UPDATER
pgm but I don't think that is an issue) I lose some of my QSL Manager
addresses.

What I do is to save my current QSL mgr list and QSL mgr addresses as per
the instructions on page 3 of 5 of www.country-files.com/dx4win, subject
line: IMPORTING QSL MGR DATA before updating my country file. Then after the
update I re-import my old QSL mgr data and addresses as per instructions.
But when I do the import I answer NO when asked do I wish to delete existing
data. This way I have both the new and old addresses.

But here's the quirk. Sometimes when I open the QSL Mgr address window
(CTL+E) and paste the address from QRZ.COM or some other source I will hit
enter to make the first line of the address blank so it looks better on my
label. When I save the address in this way there is no problem. It stays
saved with the top line blank and prints FB on my label UNTIL I do a CTY
update. But by saving the address in that format I now cannot get that
address to import. It just leaves the address window blank.

I have gone to my saved exported QSL Mgr address text file and searched for
some of the non imported addresses. They are all there in the text file OK
but have extra " marks I suppose from hitting enter to start the address on
the second line and making the first line blank.

For example:

If I copy and paste the mailing label info as is from QRZ.COM or another
source with no extra line at the top to the address window it is saved in
the address database as below:

"K7ACZ","ALAN C ZACK, K7ACZ ","PO BOX 90371 ","HENDERSON, NV 89009-0371 "

HOWEVER, if after cutting and pasting the address to the address window I
hit return to place a blank line on the top of the address and add a space
before each line it is saved as a text file as below: (K6ACZ is my former
call)

"K6ACZ",""," ALAN C ZACK, K7ACZ "," PO BOX 90371 "," HENDERSON, NV
89009-0371 "," "

As you can see there are extra " (quote symbols) and blank spaces in the
K6ACZ address that are not in the K7ACZ address and that I believe keeps the
address from being imported to the DX4WIN QSL Mgr database. But WHY? Why
doesn't DX4WIN just import it as is? The result is all the addresses I have
cut and pasted into the QSL Mgr address window with a blank line as the top
line are now lost.

I don't understand this as it is a simple notepad text file. Why is it not
being imported?

This happens every time I update my CTY file but I never before tried to
figure out why. Now I have found the differences in the text files from
using a blank line on the top of the label to not having a blank line.

Hope this is clear. Any possible suggestions? I still have my exported QSL
Mgr address file saved that I could re-import if I can figure it out.

TIA & 73

Alan, K7ACZ

Alan Zack

Amateur Radio Station K7ACZ

Official USCG Auxiliary Comm Station

Las Vegas, Nevada, USA

Delta Rocket Quality Engineer, The Boeing Company, Retired

Aviation Chief Warrant Officer,  U.S. Coast Guard, Retired

 <http://www.geocities.com/k7acz> http://www.geocities.com/k7acz