Bob,
Please explain.
There is no problem whatsoever with being logged in to the LoTW site when
uploading logs to LoTW. None.

ARRL made a bunch of changes to the LoTW webpages over the last couple of
 weeks that broke all sorts of things, including TQSL. There is no problem
as far as I know that matches what you're saying.
73,
     -Rick