Potential Updates:

I agree with all Kostas said below. Especially decoders for more digital
modes or the ability to integrate them.  A CW decoder would be quite
helpful, I have external one but it is just one more thing to remember to
open and close.  I would also like to have much more control over the
cluster info. In fact be able to set it up by band. For example, on 160 and
80 I would like to see worldwide spots but on the other bands not so much.
Also, when working 160 I would like to limit my view to just 160 spots and
same with some other bands. I would also like to see any time someone spots
me on any band as this is often a message and a spot (VE7CC does most of
this but is not connected to my Log).  Omnirig support is potentially a deal
breaker all by its self if it becomes the defector
SDR/Transceiver/Pan-Adaptor interface.

HNY and 73,

Bill, K5ZQ

Thanks,

William Osborne

 <mailto:wosborn...@gmail.com> wosborn...@gmail.com

207-205-9565

===============================SV1DPI
Comments=========================================

HNY to all,

Come on guys. All we love dx4win but it needs to be updated. If you use rtty
for example, you really need a better decoder as 2tone is. A cw decoder
maybe? New features have been asked many times and there are big lists in
archive. Even I personally need support for 2 rotors for example, maybe it
is not so important as others... For example:

1. support for omnirig. This makes easier parallel control of an sdr
receiver and your rig.

2. As the subject of the email says: Better support with lotw, as one button
upload, one button download, selective dxcc submission with lotw qsos, or
cards or both, compare with online credits, etc.

3. Support of new modes. Some guys of us, use new digi modes that are not
supported. A new editable database with modes is the best option.

Also RST must accept new reports.

4. Support of ocx. This makes mmtty support easier and let us to use other
digi programs as well as mmvari and 2tone for example.

5. Logger32 (its author is SK some years ago but it is updated

regularly!!!) already supports connection of its database for countries with
clublog. This makes ad1c's life much more easier and we can have one general
acceptable database.

....and much more that Paul has read and I hope has noted.

The bad thing for me (worst than not updating) is that Paul, the author of
the program, does not say to us his thoughts for all these. I would like to
hear his opinion, even it is something like "dx4win is my last priority and
I don't think  I will update it the next 30 years"(I hope not saying it)...

73 Kostas, SV1DPI