You could have a problem with the prefs file, depending on your OS. When I ran XP, if I didn't have my USB/COM adapter connected, the program would hang/crash when I opened it. With Win7, it just informs me of the error and I can still open DW4WIN.

Barry W2UP

On 2/4/2014 13:59, ALAN ZACK wrote:
When I went to the Philippines in December I wanted to have access to my
DX4WIN log. I simply copied my C:/DX4WIN folder directly onto a thumb drive.
I could then place the thumb drive into any computers USB connection. I
would go to the folder in the thumb drive, open it, and click on the
DX4WIN.exe icon. Worked FB.

-----Original Message-----
From: dx4win-boun...@mailman.qth.net [mailto:dx4win-boun...@mailman.qth.net]
On Behalf Of Fred - NA2U
Sent: Sunday, February 02, 2014 3:21 PM
To: dx4win@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Dx4win] HELP Creating Copy of DX4WIN on Second Computer

I've installed the program, copied my license to the DX4WIN directory, and
copied my log to the Save directory.  When I open the log none of my
"Selections" are visible.  What additional files do I need to move so I will
get the Selections I've already created?
73 from the desert and thanks, Fred/NA2U
"Wretched excess is just barely enough."