On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 4:25 PM, Robert Anthony
<rflytieanth...@frontier.com> wrote:

> I have my computers networked and i can save my file from one to another
> program using dx4win

DX4WIN loads the entire log into memory when it is running, and writes
it to the disk when you exit the program.  There is no networking
option.  You can put the .DXL file on a network drive, but it's very
easy for one computer to save the log and over-write any new QSOs that
the other computer saved earlier.  I have a somewhat complicated
networking setup at home but I don't recommend it.  I have my DX4WIN
saved in at least two locations on each computer.  I have occasionally
over-written something, but there are enough backup copies that I
merge any missing QSOs back into the "main" log.

- Jim

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreis...@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us