Using DX4WIN ver. 8.05 with WIN 7 Home Premium 64 bit, Service Pack 1

I lost my DX4WIN shortcut icon. How do I get it back?

I had DX4WIN open and was preparing to upload my latest QSO's (mostly my
W1AW/1 VT and W1AW/2 NJ) to LoTW. I opened the TQSL/QSL program and it said
there was an update available (ver. 2.0.3) so I closed DX4WIN and downloaded
the new TQSL pgm and did the install. After I completed the 2.0.3 TQSL
install I went to reopen DX4WIN and noticed my DX4WIN shortcuts were
missing. I went to C:\DX4W805 folder, opened it and found the dx4win.exe
application start command. But instead of it having the yellow box with the
red yagi icon all it had was a white box with a window looking panel inside.
I right clicked on it and sent it to the desktop as a shortcut.

So how do I change this generic windows symbol to the normal DX4WIN symbol?
Inside my DX4WIN805 folder there is a DX4WIN icon but I can't figure out how
to make it change the shortcut icon. In older versions of Windows if I
remember right you could right click on an icon and change it from a list
that was saved someplace but in WIN 7 I don't see that option anymore. The
shortcut works OK but I'd like to have it show the DX4WIN icon. I have
turned off and started the PC several times but each time the bad icon comes
back.

Any suggestion please?

TIA & 73, Alan, K7ACZ

Alan Zack

Amateur Radio Station K7ACZ

Official USCG Auxiliary Comm Station

Las Vegas, Nevada, USA

Delta Rocket Quality Engineer, The Boeing Company, Retired

Aviation Chief Warrant Officer,  U.S. Coast Guard, Retired

http://www.qrz.com/db/K7ACZ

 <http://www.geocities.com/k7acz> http://www.geocities.com/k7acz

 <http://gocoastguard.com/> http://gocoastguard.com

 <http://www.uscgradio.net/> http://www.uscgradio.net