From: DX4WIN [mailto:dx4win-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of John
5B4AHK
Sent: Friday, 23 January 2015 07:40
To: Jim Reisert AD1C; WA7AA
Cc: DX4WIN Reflector
Subject: Re: [Dx4win] LotW import problem

Hi

I import the LOTW download (with all details checked) into my 8.05 log and I
have just checked my log by searching using F8 with the State/Oblast
abbreviation in the box.
I do not get one single non-USA call-sign appearing!

I checked against.....
AL  GA  IN  KS  MA  MD  MO  NV  OR  and  TN.

I wonder why ?

73 John 5Β4ΑΗΚ

>> I just noticed an unusual problem while importing LotW QSOs into the log.
>> When a Russian station has its Oblast set in the LotW QSO details
>> that matches an abbreviation of a US state, the state flag for that
>> particular QSO in DX4Win gets changed from blank to the state
>> matching the abbreviation and, in addition, the zone of the station
>> changes to the zone matching the state.
>
> This is something that changed in LoTW in the last 6 months or so.
> After every import, I always search for Import: in the "Notes for this
> QSO" field.  If I run across the situation described above, I simply
> erase the State field in the QSO (and save it using F10) and all
> returns to normal.
>
> I hope Paul can fix this in a future version of DX4WIN, i.e. qualify
> filling in the State field with the DXCC entity.
>
> 73 - Jim AD1C

---