Fra: DX4WIN [mailto:dx4win-boun...@mailman.qth.net] PÃ¥ vegne af Isidro
Acosta Hernandez
Sendt: 2. april 2015 08:14
Til: Dx4win Foro
Emne: Re: [Dx4win] Error saving log in Windows 8

Hello.  Thanks to all for the replies.  Here is further information about my
friend's setup.

> It sounds like either a file path problem or a User Security Setting
> problem with Windows 8.
>
> Make sure your friend is running the program as Administrator, with
> full privileges to create/change files and folders.

My friend installed the program running as Administrator, and so he does
every time he runs the program.  Note that the log IS saved as normal, but
the error messages appears every time.

> This is a bit of a guess, but go into File->Preferences and then
> select the QSO tab. There's a field labelled "Secondary backup
> directory". Make sure that if there's anything in there, that it's a
> writable directory, typically something right off c:\ or maybe under My
Documents.

The error message does not refer to the the secondary backup directory (we
already checked that), but to the main storage (the "save" folder).

> Create a directory such as C:/Ham Programs and install DX4Win (and all
> other ham software) there.

It sounds interesting.  We are going to try it.

Here is a video clip of what happends ("An image worths more than thousand
words...")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ncZvYaj5Tc&feature=youtu.be

Once again, many thanks for any idea...

73 de Isidro, EA8NQ