I saved this email for my info in case it ever happened to me. IT DID happen
to me today.

DX4WIN has been working FB with no problems. I have not done anything to
change its configuration. I used Jim's DATA UPDATER program about a month
ago to bring everything up to date (his latest revision).

Last night I closed DX4WIN normally and shut off the PC. This morning on
starting up the PC and opening DX4WIN normally, I had the same problem as
Wayne did below:
In my situation, the main window opened normally but the font was different.
Normally when I open DX4WIN my Map, Same Call, Country, and IOTA sub windows
open with the program. Today they did not open. When I try to open them
using the WINDOW drop down menu I get the error message. ERROR:  An
exception has occurred.  Fixed Column Count must be less than column count.
In addition, all my saved info in the PREFERENCE window such as my address,
my user level, my font settings, ext data, etc. was gone.

So as Jim suggested below I exited DX4WIN, went to my SAVE file, found the
DX4WIN.CFG file and renamed it xDX4WIN.CFG, and opened DX4WIN again.
Now I can open the MAP, SAME CALL, COUNTRY, IOTA widows OK BUT I still do
not have the settings in my PREFERENCE window as before.
BUT my main concern is my MAIN LOGGING WIDOW has shrunk. I use a 21-inch
monitor. My main log window before was 6 1/2 in by 5 1/2 in. Now it is 5 1/4
by 4 1/4 inches. I have to lean way forward to read it. Also in the
PREFERENCE/SCREEN window, I cannot change the FONT style or size. The scale
factor is stuck at 80. I want to change it to 100 but it will not change.

In my SAVE file there is a file named DX4WIN CONFIGURATION SETTINGS. When I
click on it, it opens with WORDPAD. I see all my preference data, such as my
address, fonts, ext data, etc, in this file. Why can't DX4WIN find this file
when it opens? Is that my problem?

Was some file saved in the wrong place? My PC uses WIN 8.1. Sometimes it
wants to save docs I am using to some place named ONE DRIVE. I have checked
there but there are no DX4WIN files there.

I do not know what happened. I also have DX4WIN installed on a laptop that
is still working OK. I will update my K7ACZ.DXL file and I will use it for
logging until I figure out what is wrong. Any help will be greatly
appreciated.

TIA & 73,
Alan, K7ACZ