I recommend using AutoHotKey (http://www.autohotkey.com/) which you can use to do the automatic connection and more.

I have an AHK macro key that fires up my ham "workstation", which opens Dx4Win and starts the cluster connection, and opens up a couple of other useful programs at the same time. For something simple like that, you invest maybe 30 minutes to learn enough about AHK to do what you need to do, set it up, and forget about it.