I certainly agree with you Bob. I put rig control right up there with working with new OSs. I apologize if I was not completely up to speed with why there are complaints with DX4WIN. I wasn't aware that Paul is not updating for new rigs. I'm still using a Ten Tec Omni 6!

John  (N1JP)
----- Original Message ----- From: "ROBERT DEGRIPPO" <kr...@bellsouth.net>
To: <dx4win@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Sunday, October 18, 2015 6:11 PM
Subject: Re: [Dx4win] Future of DX4WIN

I too love DX4WIN......but if you do not have a RIG file that talks to your radio what do you do. I assure you NO RIG file and the enjoyment of working DX and logging in real time is a real turn off. So go out and buy a NON supported new rig and see how much you then enjoy your logging program.
One of the huge incentives to buy was RIG control.
Think about not being able to use your rig with DX4WIN then think about how
you would feel.

I bought a RIG control program from N4PY that allows it to communicate with dx4win and fldigi. The N4PY program is amazing. Try the demo. Beautiful radio interface.
And I paid for it.

And again all I am saying is please give us a current statement of intentions. I bought the program back in 2.0 have had other rigs and RIG files were added
and supported. Really a comment from Paul is not too much to ask. IMHO.

And don't give me the "well just move on crap". Paul should be the one to tell me this at least. No one else.

Bob
Sent from my iPad