Hi,
Many of DX4WIN users are surely also using the CW Skimmer, which is a perfect
tool for CW contacts. Unfortunately, clicking on the Skimmer's callsign doesn't
populate DX4WIN callsign field. The only way to do it is to link Skimmer via
Telnet to DX4WIN local cluster and click on the callsign on the Cluster window,
not at all practical for real-time use when wanting to answer just appearing
station shown on the Skimmer box.I asked Alex VE3NEA if he could do something
about it. Here is my question and his response:
"Responding  to a station  in real time when just seen and clicked on the
Skimmer window should at the  same time automatically enter the call in the
logger  (in my case DX4WIN), providing that logger's cluster is already
connected to the Skimmer's telnet port. This would allow fast
contesting/logging.
As it is now, one has to click on the spot transferred from Skimmer Telnet port
to the logger cluster port, what is not very convenient for real time
operation, like contests, when the band cluster display gets over- crowded."
Alex answered:"CW Skimmer notifies the connected programs of the mouse clicks
on the calls. Some loggers make use of these notifications, some
don't. If DX4WIN doesn't, please bring its author's attention to this.
73 Alex VE3NEA"
So, I think it would be greatly appreciated if the next issue of DW4WIN takes
care of this.
73, Radi F6GNZ