Hello Bob,

There is no provision for the user to add modes, but there are a couple of
ways to log your JT9 QSOs and upload them to LoTW.

In my setup (WSJT-X and K3) all of the soundcard modes are logged as RTTY.
I make note of the actual mode (JT9, MSK144, or JT65 on my case) in the
"Notes for this QSO" field and just upload them as RTTY QSOs.  They will
still generate a match in LoTW.

Another way is to log them as TOR, which is a mode not supported by LoTW.
To upload them you can have TQSL map them to JT9:
 TQSL > File > Display or Modify Preferences... > ADIF Modes > Add..  Type
TOR in the ADIF Mode: box and select JT9 for the Resulting TQSL mode.  Now
all of the TOR QSOs will be converted to JT9 when they are signed by TQSL
and uploaded to LoTW.

When downloading from LoTW and importing them back in to dx4win, the only
QSOs that will match will be the ones where the other station has also
uploaded them as RTTY.  The rest will be in the lotwreport.notfound file and
you can change them manually.

DX4WIN version 9 will have all of the new modes in it.

73,
Mike W0VTT