Thank you for the offer John, but Paul sent me my converted logfile yesterday
……. so I am back in business.

To bring the group up to date:  Paul promptly responded to my initial post
yesterday morning …. And asked me to send him my version 7 logfile …. It did
not take him long to confirm that there is a problem (loss of award flags) when
migrating a version 7 logfile directly to version 9 ….. but he discovered that
the award flag data will be preserved when you first migrate from version 7 to
version 8 …. And then migrate the converted version 8 log to version 9 …… Paul
then returned my converted logfile …… so the problem has been solved for me.

I guess I must be a member of a very small group of folks who have been happily
using version 7 for seventeen years now! ….

I think it’s fair to say that each of us will have different needs as far as
software is concerned.  Some want it to do more for them than others do.  Those
who know me well will tell you that I have always been very serious about ARRL
DXCC.  DX4WIN version 7 has done everything that I have wanted it to do to stay
on top of my DXCC records ….. so I never did feel the need to upgrade to
version 8….. and FWIW, in my case, the only reason that I upgraded to version 9
was for its new ability to handle FT8 QSO data.

I had logged about 1000 FT8 QSOs using version 7 ….. and had been substituting
the rarely used “JT6M” mode for FT8 ….. and I was fortunately able to do a
global edit using the multiple QSOs edit function to get that fixed in the new
version 9 logfile …. I’m not sure if I’m going to be willing to change all of
those invalid 599 signal reports however  😊

Thanks to Paul for the prompt response to my dilemma… I’m a happy camper.

73,
Don, N5LZ

Sent from Mail for Windows 10