FB solution Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: dx4win-boun...@mailman.qth.net [mailto:dx4win-boun...@mailman.qth.net]
On Behalf Of Jim Reisert AD1C
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2018 3:08 PM
To: DX4WIN Reflector
Subject: [Dx4win] Make it easier to find/import your WSJT-X logs using a
symbolic link

I got tired of navigating to the WSJT-X directory every time I wanted to
import my WSJT-X log into DX4WIN.  Fortunately, Windows 10 has a solution.
The idea is to create a symbolic link in your SAVE directory that points to
the WSJT-X log directory.  The full instructions for creating symbolic links
are here:

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16226/complete-guide-to-symbolic-links-symli
nks-on-windows-or-linux/

Here's the quick start:

1.  Start by opening a Command Prompt in Administrator mode.  From the Start
menu, find "Windows System" and right-click on "Command Prompt'.
Follow the "More" link and then click "Run as Administrator".

2.  Determine the location of your WSJT-X log directory.  Here is one way:

    cd %localappdata%
    C:
    dir

    You should see a WSJT-X directory there.  The full path should look
something like this:

    C:\Users\jjrei\AppData\Local\WSJT-X

3.  Now determine the location of your DX4WIN SAVE directory.  Mine is here:

    E:\dx4w903\save

4.  "cd" into your DX4WIN save directory:

    cd E:\dx4w903\save
    E:

5.  Finally, create the link.  Here is the command I used:

    E:\dx4w903\save> mklink /D WSJT-X C:\Users\jjrei\AppData\Local\WSJT-X

    (do not type the part *before* the >, only the part beginning with
"mklink"

That's all there is to it.  The next time you want to import using "File |
Import", you will see the WSJT-X link in your SAVE directory.
Double-click on that link, and you'll find your WSJT-X ADIF file there.

This is not limited to WSJT-X, you can create links to anything you want.

73 - Jim AD1C

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreis...@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us