Unfortunately, setting that to 0 does not help. According to the Clublog article (http://clublog.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/55830-update-skip-or-delete-qsos), here's the only thing that will mark as invalid:

 * Set the DXCC country to "Not valid for DXCC" or equivalent, putting
   a DXCC country value of zero in the ADIF file;
 * Set the QSL value to 'I' for 'invalid';

D4W doesn't normally create an ADIF value for either DXCC country or set the QSL valid to I regardless if the DXCC award value is set to I or if either of the RST values is set to zero.

I'm not sure if this will work, but I'm thinking of exporting just the QSOs that I've marked as invalid, adding in one of these fields, and uploading. If I don't subsequently re-upload with a changed value, I think that might do the trick.