-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Reisert AD1C [mailto:jjreis...@alum.mit.edu]
Sent: Monday, 23 April 2018 11:43 a.m.
To: John Shaw <zl1...@gmail.com>
Cc: David Kozinn, K2DBK <k2...@arrl.net>; DX4WIN Reflector
<dx4win@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: Re: [Dx4win] Searching for specific RST does not work in 9.04

On Sun, Apr 22, 2018 at 3:09 PM, John Shaw  wrote:

> It would be nice if Paul was able to implement a RST length limit and
> character checking for modes that have shorter RST than what it is now
> opened up to.  Like back to a max length of 2 for ssb, 3 for cw.

I would also like mode-specific RST length.  If you're logging SSB and type in
57, DX4WIN should automatically go to next field.

However, if you are logging the wrong mode, ie. SSB but intending to change it
to FT8 later, that doestn't work.  Since I only log FT8 QSOs using File |
Import, this is not a problem for me.

Ignore mode in real time would be the thing to use if logging in the wrong mode
real time?

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreis...@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us