Have you turned off your computer completely (flip the switch on the power supply or pull the power cord)?

Mike / W8DN

On 5/14/2018 3:38 PM, Jerry N9AW wrote:
Thank for the help Kostas.  Here's an update on what is happening.

1.  When I start DX4WIN, it starts but only with the Packet window and the
DX Spots window.    The box pops up saying "An error occurred in the
application" with the 3 options of continuing, restart or close.   As I
press the continue button multiple times the QSO Window opens but it has an
old QSO in it.   Another Error box pops up and says "A fatal error occurred
reading the logfile".   The logfile is in Dropbox.  I can see it there with
File Manager and open other files in Dropbox.   When I next press the
Continue Application button DX4WIN logs on to my cluster node and displays
spots.  At that point I can also click the OK button in the Error Box that
is telling me A Fatal error occurred reading the logfile.   When I click
that OK button I can access the QSO window which now has a recent QSO in
it.   I can also access the FILE menu to try to open a log.

I have several logfiles from different operations out on Dropbox.  When I
try to open any of them I go back to the error window that says An error
occurred in the application with the three options to continue, restart or
close.

About your questions.......
1.  I did press the Send Report button so hopefully Paul will get the file.
2.  Dropbox is working OK for all other applications that I checked today.
Examples, MS Word, MS Excel, WSJT-X.
3.  I only started one instance of DX4WIN.

I am guessing I should reinstall DX4WIN at this point.  What do you think?

Thanks again for your help Kostas.  It is much appreciated.

73
Jerry N9AW