From: dx4win-boun...@mailman.qth.net <dx4win-boun...@mailman.qth.net> On Behalf
Of Artek Manuals
Sent: March 11, 2019 8:49 PM
To: DX4WIN@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Dx4win] DX4WIN and WJST-X/FT8

I am trying to run wjst-x on my Kenwood TS990S and of course log my contacts in
DX4WIN

The 990 uses a USB connection which is seen as a virtual comport (COM3).
I run into conflicts when I try to run DX4WIN and WJST-X because I think they
are sharing or not sharing as the case may be the same COM port

I want to work a FT8 contact and then log it in DX4WIN. To do this at the
moment I make a QSO on WJST-X/FT8 , then close WJST-X and open DX4WIN  ( or let
DX4WIN /Radio interface time out and then log the contact manually  A bit
cumbersome in the digital age.
So what do you guys do?
1) Manually transfer the info to DX4WIN after the radio connection times out,
have to remember to enter all the band data, etc

2) The 990 has in addition to the USB virtual COM connection, a real COM port I
suspect but have not tried it that I could run both the USB/COM and the
REAl/COM dedicate one port to DX4WIN and dedicate the other connection to WJST-X

3) WJST-X has a loging mode, so just log everything to WJST-X and then import
that log into DX4WIN later ?

4) Or ???? Some possible permutation and combination I haven't considered yet

Dave
NR1DX
manu...@artekmanuals.com
nr...@arrl.net