I would say it depends on how you have it set up in Preferences. I have
mine set up to spot depending on status with different colors. One color
means "worked on that band, but not that mode (ie CW vs SSB)". One color
means haven't worked on this band at all (but have worked on other bands).
One color means new country, as in never worked it on any band/mode. Oh,
and one set of colors may indicate worked, but NOT confirmed yet. Etc. I
have red, green, blue, and yellow spots (background color), as well as red
and green spots (word font color, with white background) for spots I've
worked but not confirmed. I have mine set so that black indicates worked
and confirmed....and in fact....i've set my spots to therefore ignore spots
in black that i have indeed worked and confirmed, as I don't care to work
them again.

But again, it all depends on what you've set in preferences. You can pick
what you want to spot....what color....with whatever matches you want.

K4TK

Tim Moore
PMP