Just for the record, I use DX4WIN. I've seen zero issues with upload here
for DX4WIN logs throughout the effort to add this functionality.

You're misinterpreting things.  This is a case where IF a logger chooses to
export QSOs with location data, then it will be checked.  If it's not
there, then it won't be. There's no new requirement.

Please don't panic - this is a new feature, not some new requirement that
will suddenly require loggers to adapt. AND you can turn it all off if you
want.
73,
    -Rick

On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 8:16 PM WA7AA <wa...@comcast.net> wrote:

> Hello, everyone.
>
> It seems that ARRL has released a TQSL version 2.5.2 that now involves
> logging programs including additional information in the ADIF file (or
> overriding the check somewhere in the TQSL program). I haven't tried
> either upgrading to that version or uploading a log with it, but just be
> aware that the usual LOTW upload may not work anymore if you do.
>
> Here's the link to the bulletin:
>
> http://www.arrl.org/news/new-tqsl-version-2-5-2-provides-better-lotw-rover-support-other-improvements
>
> It looks like it's supposed to solve an issue with "roving" stations,
> which I guess solves a problem for the 0.000001 % of QSO out there, but
> the way I read it, it transfers the burden of verifying the uploaded
> location data (DXCC, State, Grid, Zone) to the logging program that
> supplies it. If that's the case, it solves nothing, because the data is
> only as accurate as the user supplying it, which essentially changes
> nothing as far as the location accuracy of LOTW contacts is concerned.
> At least that's my interpretation, I don't know what "Once a logging
> program supplies these (MY_STATE, MY_DXCC, MY_CQ_ZONE, etc.), then
> /TQSL/ will validate them against the log" means, unless it will require
> these for every single QSO entry in the ADIF file. If that's the case, I
> don't think DX4Win is able to supply that without a major upgrade.
>
> However, it adds an interesting twist on the constant demands for
> automatic LOTW upload/download around here.
>
> Stay safe & 73,
>
> Zoran WA7AA

Rick Murphy, CISSP-ISSAP, K1MU/4, Annandale VA USA