On Sun, May 17, 2020 at 1:54 AM Paul F6EXV wrote:

> I went to that link, downloaded the zip [country] file, unzipped it to the
> save
> directory (erasing the existing files)
> That freq entered as QSL manager is still there, and I still cannot
> erase it...

I wanted to finish off this thread.

QSL managers are stored in the country file.  Before DX4WIN 9.0x, the
country file was saved every time you exited DX4WIN.  In DX4WIN 9.0x,
that is not the case.  The country file is read-only.  There is a
separate file in the SAVE directory named "usrexcpt.dat".  This file
contains all changes you have made to either callsign prefixes or QSL
managers, and is saved every time you exit DX4WIN.  Therefore, once
there is an error in this file, simply installing the latest country
file will not fix the problem.

I told Paul to delete this file, and his QSL manager in error disappeared.

I generally don't ever look at this file.  It usually only contains
mistakes I made while logging, for example, assigning the wrong CQ
zone to a USA callsign.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - if you find an error with
either the country prefix associated with a callsign, or a QSL
manager, please let me know via E-mail so I can fix the master
database (country file).  Then everyone will benefit from the
correction.

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreis...@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us