Added using a filter selection:

Yes there is a way to find the unique calls in your log or filter selection
from within DX4WIN.

WARNING! If you already have a master call file you want to keep copy and
save it somewhere safe so you can re instate it before you do this as it
will be overwritten. It is the mstrcals.dat file in the DX4WIN save
directory.

Bring up the "Master Calls" window press F1 and follow the 4 steps in help
to making a master call file of the calls in your log.  When you do step 4 a
box will come up telling you how many calls are in the Master call file you
created.  That is your answer.

If you want to do this with a filter selection make your filter first and
say yes to using the filter when asked.  THEN:

>From the help file here are the four steps

1. Export your log using the 'calls' filter

2. Save the file somewhere, and call it calls.txt

3. From the PopUp menu in the Master Calls window select 'Convert'

4. When asked for the file to convert, select the file you created in step 2

73 John ZL1BYZ