From: Jim Reisert AD1C [mailto:jjreis...@alum.mit.edu]
Sent: Friday, November 27, 2020 20:46
To: Jim
Cc: DX4WIN Reflector
Subject: Re: [Dx4win] Dx4Win Call Sign Alert

> Is there a limit to the number of characters allowed in the Packet 1
> -CALLSIGN ALERT fill in?
>
> I can't go past 61 characters.

Yes, there is a limit unfortunately.

My solution is to keep my primary alerts in a separate text file in
the SAVE directory.  Use Notepad to create the listk one callsign per
line.  Right-click on the DX Spots window and select "Membership List"
near the bottom. Put the '@' (at-sign) character in the Id field.
Click on "Add to members list", navigate to your text file, and open
it. Then click on OK.

This list does not count against the 61 characters in the field, so
you can add and remove temporary calls there, as long as you don't
exceed that limit.

Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreis...@alum.mit.edu>, https://www.ad1c.us