On Wed, Mar 31, 2021 at 9:29 PM Alan Zack <k7...@cox.net> wrote:

If I do this update will it change the IOTA designation of IOTA's
> already logged in DX4WIN, most of which are confirmed so I know the
> IOTA numbers are correct. Or will I just see a message in the NOTES
> FOR THIS QSO or NOTES FOR THIS CALL telling me there is a mismatch?

If you do nothing else, the changes will only affect newly-logged QSOs (in
both the past and the future).  QSOs you have already logged will be
unaffected *unless* you use the Check IOTAs multiple QSO operation.  This
performs a "check and change" operation using the data in the current
country file.  You always have the option to discard the suggested changes
(by not saving them) and to reload your original log unchanged.

All I am trying to do is a) help people to fill in and/or correct IOTAs
currently in their logbook, and b) identify mistakes in the country file.
There is no obligation to "Check IOTAs" but you may want to do it out of
curiosity.  Adding IOTA callsigns to the country file is a manual,
time-consuming process and is prone to human error.  All I'm asking for is
a little help with this, which ultimately benefits all users.  There is no
requirement.

Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreis...@alum.mit.edu>, https://www.ad1c.us
<http://www.ad1c.us>