Hi Radi,

1.  I can think of two ways to import into the correct group.  First, you can
change the default Group number in DX4WIN.  Go to Preferences, QSO tab and then
change the group number in the upper right corner.  I think this will work.  Be
careful to change the default group number back to the correct number once you
are finished with a given import.  Second, the best and probably safest way is
to download the ADIF to DX4WIN converter, a small app written by Jim, AD1C.
When converting an adif file into DX4WIN Version 9 format, you have the option
with his little app to insert a group number as selected on the input screen of
the app.  I use this feature all the time when importing QSOs from N1MM.

2.  I cannot think of a way to easily change QSOs from Group 2 that were
imported into Group 1.  The only way that I can think of is to change the group
number manually one QSO at a time.  Not fun.  The only other way is delete all
QSOs for group 1 and recreate group 1 by importing the QSOs from other log
source or sources if you have them--and designating the correct group number.
I would do a backup before attempting to recreate a group.  Be extra careful.

I would highly recommend using Jim's ADIF to DX4WIN converter for assigning
group numbers in the future.  As you may know, there are a lot of advantages to
using the group functions within DX4WIN.  I keep the logs for all my
DX-peditions within on master log -- separated by different group numbers.  I
also store QSOs from two different KY locations by different group numbers.  By
doing that, I can import LOTW confirmations for all of my callsigns with one
file from the ARRL.  I can also see all the QSOs with a given station from all
of my expeditions when viewing the Same Call window.  This is a very powerful
and handy feature of DX4WIN.

73,

Dave, N4QS