> If you change the name, in the "Name" field, it changes it in its entirety,
> that is, all. Is there any way that the name for a certain date is
> maintained with respect to the current one?

Luc, there is no perfect solution.  I use '|' (vertical bar) to
separate the old name/QTH from the new name/QTH.  This is what DX4WIN
would do if you import an ADIF file with a different name or QTH from
a callsign that is already in your log.

Here is an example from my log for KK6P, a club callsign that I have
worked in the North American QSO Party, where the contest exchange is
Name and State:

    Paul|Tim

Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreis...@alum.mit.edu>, https://ad1c.us