On 27-Jan-23 16:48, Jim Pyle wrote:
Today I received an envelope of cards of which about 20-30 requested QSL
cards in return.  I went into DX4WIN and changed the N to Y in the Label
Cnfm box for the cards in question.  Now, the problem is to print labels
for just the cards I entered today.  I don't think I can use Selection to
create a group of these cards because the log has about 55,000 entries and
the dates on the cards range from1997 into 2021.
First make sure you checked the correct checkboxes for confirming a QSO with a QSL card. There is no such thing as a Label Cnfm box - there are two separate checkboxes: the one called Label is used to mark the QSO in order to send out a paper QSL card to the station worked, while the other one, called Cnfm is used to mark a QSO for having received a paper QSL card. I apologize if I'm stating the obvious, but the reason I mention this is due to this:
I don't want to erase
existing "Y" Cnfm for the 29,000+ QSOs that have it.  Anyone having
suggestions on how to print labels would be welcomed!

Presumably, you have 29 thousand QSLs i.e. confirmed QSOs and if so, they have nothing to do with needing to print QSL labels that are selected by checking the Label box. Don't mess with them or you may wipe out your confirmation statistics and re-confirming 29 thousand entries manually is not something you'd want to attempt. If you filter by the Label=Y, the Report:Loogbook window will display only the QSOs marked for label printing.

When I want to print only a select few of the labels marked for printing, I usually set each QSO with Set QSL Date to today's date one at a time. When you now filter for Label=Y and QSL Date=01-27-2023, the Report:Loogbook window should display only those QSOs you want to print labels for. Go to QSL and select Print QSL Labels. When done, don't forget to clear Label flags and you're all set.

73,

Zoran WA7AA