Last weekend’s comparison of images in MFSK16, MFSK32, MFSK64, and SSTV
Scottie DX, was interesting. In general, I think, it supports our use of MFSK32
both for text and images.

Here’s one example comparing the four modes:
http://voaradiogram.net/post/126092155122/comparing-images-in-four-modes

This weekend on VOA Radiogram, we return to our usual MFSK32 mode, except for
one news item in Olivia 32-2000, which might succeed even in poor reception
conditions.

Here is the lineup for VOA Radiogram, program 123, 8-9 August 2015, all in
MFSK32 except where noted:

1:31 Program preview
2:48 Facial expressions of horses*
8:21 Use of drones to transport blood samples*
14:48 Hijacking radio signals from computer accessories*
20:32 Olivia 32-2000: Poll indicates Russians favor Internet censorship*
27:07 MFSK32: Closing announcements
28:08 Olivia 64-2000: VOA Radiogram transmission schedule

* with image

Please send reception reports to
radiog...@voanews.com<mailto:radiog...@voanews.com> .

VOA Radiogram transmission schedule
(all days and times UTC):
Sat 0930-1000 5745 kHz
Sat 1600-1630 17870 kHz
Sun 0230-0300 5745 kHz
Sun 1930-2000 15670 kHz
All via the Edward R. Murrow transmitting station in North Carolina.

The Mighty KBC will transmit a minute of MFSK64 Sunday at 0230 UTC (Saturday
10:30 pm EDT) on 9925 kHz, via Germany. Reports for this KBC reception should go
to Eric: themighty...@gmail.com<mailto:themighty...@gmail.com> .

I have returned from my week off, with a large pile of audience research work on
my desk. Because of this, I am now four weeks behind in answering your emails.
But I will answer them, with galleries of images decoded by VOA Radiogram
listeners all over the world.

I hope you can tune in and write in this weekend.

Kim

Kim Andrew Elliott
Producer and Presenter
VOA Radiogram