Russian text received in Ukraine, 21 May 2017, 0230-0300 UTC, 5745 kHz
(via dipole directed to the Caribbean)

Hello friends,

See the schedule information below for a special transmission of The Mighty KBC
on 28 May. The KBC digital modes will be a combination of text in MFSK64, 32,
and 16.

Only four more editions of VOA Radiogram remain, with the last show during the
weekend of June 17-18. I retire from VOA on June 23. A radio program similar to
VOA Radiogram will begin June 24 on WRMI. Details will be announced as that
date approaches.

The voaradiogram.net<http://voaradiogram.net/> website and
@VOARadiogram<https://twitter.com/VOARadiogram/> Twitter account will remain
"live" for at least a few months after VOA Radiogram ends, so check those
sources for links to the new website and Twitter account.

VOA Radiogram listeners have been conducting some interesting
experiments.Recent examples are by Merkouris in Greece, who decoded an MFSK32
image from the second audio harmonic of a VOA Radiogram broadcast ...

http://voaradiogram.net/post/160838081557/decoding-mfsk-images-from-audio-harmonics-just

Then Roger in Germany decoded from the third audio harmonic of a KBC
transmission ...

http://voaradiogram.net/post/161092313997/fooling-mother-nature-decoding-mfsk32-images-from

And I think that is a far as we will be able to go with harmonic image decoding!

VOA Radiogram this weekend will include some Spanish, so please use the UTF-8
character set again to make sure all the accent marks display correctly.

Here is the lineup for VOA Radiogram, program 217, 27-28 May 2017, all in
MFSK32 except where noted:

1:49 Program preview
3:03 Britain irritated by US intel leaks*
6:57 Trump budget includes cut for broadcasting*
13:49 Russia accuses RFE/RL, VOA of election interference*
19:54 MFSK16: Same subject in Spanish **
24:09 MFSK32: Image* and closing announcements
* with image
** use UTF-8 character set

Please send reception reports to
radiog...@voanews.com<mailto:radiog...@voanews.com>

VOA Radiogram Transmission Schedule

Day UTC Time kHz Transmitter Target Also try in ...
Saturday
0930-1000 5745 North Carolina Americas Asia-Pacific, Europe
Saturday
1600-1630 17580 North Carolina Europe Americas, Asia-Pacific
Sunday
0230-0300 5745 North Carolina Americas Europe
Sunday
1930-2000 15670 North Carolina Europe Americas, Asia-Pacific
Sunday
2030-2100 11580 WRMI Florida Europe Americas, Asia-Pacific
Sunday
2330-2400 11580 WRMI Florida Americas Europe, Asia-Pacific

The Mighty KBC digital modes this weekend will include have no image, but will
include text in MFSK64, MFSK32, and MFSK16. Make sure your RxID is on. KBC
transmits to Europe Saturdays at 1500-1530 UTC on 9400 kHz (via Bulgaria), with
the minute of MFSK at about 1530 UTC. And to North America Sundays at
0000-0200UTC (Saturday 8-10 pm EDT) on 9925 kHz, via Germany. The minute of
MFSK is at about 0130 UTC. And there will be a special transmission on 28 May
at 0800-1500UTC on 6095 kHz via Germany. The minute of MFSK is at about 1440
UTC. On 9400 and 6095 kHz, if you are outside of Europe, listen via
websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901/ Reports to Eric:
themighty...@gmail.com<mailto:themighty...@gmail.com> . See also
http://www.kbcradio.eu/ and https://www.facebook.com/TheMightyKbc/.

DigiDX has not resumed, hence the VOA Radiogram transmissions via WRMI. See
http://www.digidx.uk/ and https://www.facebook.com/digidx/

Italian Broadcasting Corporation (IBC) For the complete IBC transmission
schedule visit http://ibcradio.webs.com/ Five minutes of MFSK32 is at the end
of the 30-minute English-language "Shortwave Panorama," per the schedule below:
WEDNESDAY 18.55 UTC 6070 KHZ TO EUROPE
19.55 UTC 1584 KHZ TO EUROPE
THURSDAY 02.55 UTC 1584 KHZ TO EUROPE
FRIDAY 01.25 UTC 9955 KHZ TO CENTRAL/SOUTH AMERICA
SATURDAY 01.55 UTC 11580 KHZ TO NORTH AMERICA
20.25 UTC 1584 KHZ TO SOUTH EUROPE
SUNDAY 00.55 UTC 7730 KHZ TO NORTH AMERICA
10.55 UTC 6070 KHZ TO EUROPE

Thank you for your reception reports from last weekend! And thanks for the kind
words about my retirement and the conclusion of VOA Radiogram.

I hope you can tune in and write in this weekend.

Kim via KKX
Kim Andrew Elliott, KD9XB
Producer and Presenter
VOA Radiogram