Hello friends,

Most of Europe shifts to summer time on Sunday. The transmission schedule for
Shortwave Radiogram remains at the same UTC times, so the broadcast will be one
hour later by local time for most listeners in Europe. I am not aware of any
frequency changes. However, The Mighty KBC transmission to North America Sunday
0000-0200 UTC (Saturday 8-10 pm EDT) will be on new 5960 kHz starting this
weekend. The usual minute of MFSK32 will be at about 0130 UTC. IBC will also
have some schedule changes (see below).

Last weekend's experiment transmitting MFSK32 text and an image simultaneously
went very well. So well, in fact, we will try it again this weekend. This
time,I will not reduce the amplitude as much as last week. This might improve
the text decode if you are receiving a poor signal. I hope it does not break a
transmitter.

The picture and link at the top of this email illustrate the concept of
concurrent text and image transmission. A very useful news consumption app, for
PCs or for mobile devices, could be MFSK-only, simultaneously decoding text and
images, showing one left and the other right, or one top and the other bottom.
The app could be used on shortwave or any other radio band.

Also this weekend, we will transmit one news item in MFSK64. This is a faster
mode (240 wpm) than our usual MFSK32. The MFSK64 image should exhibit higher
resolution. Both the MFSK64 text and image might be subject to errors if the
signal is less than good. If you are unable to decode the text, the original
RFA story is here.

Here is the lineup for Shortwave Radiogram, program 40, 24-25 March 2018, all
in MFSK32 except where noted:

1:35 Program preview
3:05 MFSK64: New "Voice of China" international media group*
10:53 MFSK32: Turkish Media Group to be sold to Erdogan ally**
15:26 SW transmitters for "secure digital communications"*
21:12 Start of spring brings winter weather to Washington DC*
26:39 Closing announcements

* with image(s)
** Image, centered on 2200 Hz, will be transmitted simultaneously with text.
Run two instances of Fldigi, or record the broadcast and decode the image
later. Another image will follow the text on 1500 Hz.
Please sendreception reports to radiog...@verizon.net

And visithttp://swradiogram.net
Twitter:@SWRadiogram
Facebookgroup: https://www.facebook.com/groups/567099476753304

Shortwave Radiogram Program 40 (24-25 March 2018)
Saturday
1600-1630 UTC 9400 kHz MFSK32,MFSK64 Space Line, Bulgaria
Sunday
2030-2100 UTC 7780 kHz 9455 kHz? WRMI Florida
Sunday
2330-2400 UTC 7780 kHz WRMI Florida
Monday
0800-0830 UTC 7730 kHz 5850 kHz WRMI Florida

The Mighty KBC transmits to Europe Saturdays at 1500-1600 UTC on 9400 kHz (via
Bulgaria), with the minute of MFSK at about 1530 UTC (if you are outside of
Europe, listen via websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901/ ). And to North America Sundays
at 0000-0200 UTC (Saturday 8-10 pm EDT) on 5960 kHz, via Germany.The minute of
MFSK is at about 0130 UTC. Reports to Eric: themighty...@gmail.com . See also
http://www.kbcradio.eu/ and https://www.facebook.com/TheMightyKbc/.

Italian Broadcasting Corporation (IBC) For the complete IBC transmission
schedule visit http://ibcradio.webs.com/ Five minutes of MFSK32 is at the end
of the 30-minute English-language “Shortwave Panorama,”per the schedule below:

Italian Broadcasting Corporation (IBC)
Broadcasts in English with MFSK32 during the last five minutes of each

Tuesday
0100-0230 UTC 5950, 7730 kHz Americas
Wednesday
2000-2030 UTC 5845, 6070 kHz Europe/Middle East/Asia
Friday
0100-0130 UTC 9955 kHz Americas
Friday
0230-0300 UTC 5985 kHz Americas
Saturday
0030-0100 UTC 9395 kHz Americas
Saturday
0130-0200 UTC 5850, 5950, 7780, 9455 kHz Americas
Sunday
0030-0100 UTC 7730 kHz Americas
Sunday
1130-1200 UTC 6070 kHz Europe (25 March only)

Thanks for your reception reports!

Kim via KKX

Kim Andrew Elliott, KD9XB
Producer and Presenter