> I'm working on my Metal Leasing Service, and there are two things that
> I need to be able to start automating it.
>
> First (this should be easy) I need a programatic interface to the
> e-gold system time.  This will be accepted as the True Time, for all
> questions about when leases are due, when they are made, etc.

Ha, another chance to display DigiGold's good side.

In SOX, there is a TimeSync request (it's one of the hidden
ones I didn't mention).  It syncs the client with the server
so that payments, which have earliest and latest times, can
process without badly set clocks stuffing it up.

However, bear in mind that the delay inherent in the network,
some milliseconds to some seconds, will mean that you can't
ever get an authoritive time until it's out of date!  What
resolution are you after?

> The
> only possible alternative to using e-gold system time is to use GPS
> time, but that's not so good, because I would rather just rely on
> e-gold history timestamps.  One further enhancement to the e-gold
> system time interface would be an e-gold timestamper.  Ie, I would
> post a contract to a web form, and it would return to me with a
> timestamp and a pgp signature.  I would even be willing to make a
> micropayment for this service, if you will provide me a programatic
> Spend interface.

OK, so this would be - assuming SOX again - a single request
I'll call PaidTimeStamp(payment, hash) where the hash is signed,
with the time, and the payment is deposited.  It's about a week's
work to set that up.

> Second, I need a programatic interface to get account history, so I
> can know if a lease has been repaid, and when.

DigiGold, of course, whips this one :)

iang

PS: watch out for 1.4.5, the quality of the average webfunds
user is about to, um, change, if you get my drift ;-)