I am curious to see if Amazon ships electronics, particularly computers and
such overseas.  (I really don't even know if Amazon carries those things I
should checck.)  

I have had problems with some clients who are "unofficial" distributors of
Dell and others.  These US companies initially stopped shipping overseas to
stop these buyers from buying, but then the buyers simply used Houston or
Miami mail drops.  The next step was to stop accepted "offshore" based
credit cards as payment.  I believe the basis for this refusal is twofold: 
1.  they don't like unauthorized dealers, and 2. service problems can be a
nightmare.  This has proved to be a real irritant as US based credit cards
are hard to come by, and expensive even if they can be issued.  I have come
up with a way of getting a US credit card without haveing to place
$100,000.00 on deposit with a broker.  At least it works some of the time.

This is why I am curious if Amazon does the same thing.  I can't see why
they would since they don't perceive offshore bulk buyers as competitors,
but there would still be the service issue on products that have a high rate
of returns.

Anyone who could let me know would be appreciated.
  
On Mon, 18 Sep 2000 08:54:46 -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>  >Bob wrote:
>  >>
>  >> *Finally* there's a way to buy books using metal.
>  >> Yah it's more expensive but that won't last.
>  >>
>  >I've been offering books, pamphlets and tapes via e-gold for over a
>  >year. I don't have as many titles as Amazon (yet).
>  >
>  >http://www.SVPvril.com
>  >
>  
>  And excellent books they are Dale!
>  
>  More excitement at BANANAGOLD ----- people have been buying video 
>  games as well, and all sorts of knick knacks
>  
>  I guess you can buy *ANYTHING* amazon has on sale (electronics and so 
>  on) ... I didnt even realize that.
>  
>  (I'm not sure if you can ship electronics and stuff overseas --- but 
>  certainly BANANA has had many overseas book orders .)
>  
>       http://www.bananagold.com
>       http://www.bananagold.com
>       http://www.bananagold.com
>  
>       !!
>  
>  
>  ---
>  You are currently subscribed to e-gold-list as:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>  To unsubscribe send a blank email to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]


Glencannon Group Ltd.
http://www.glencannongroup.com/
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (for a more secure email)
fax: 419-710-4339





_______________________________________________________
Say Bye to Slow Internet!
http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html


---
You are currently subscribed to e-gold-list as: [email protected]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to