At 05:54 PM 5/18/2001, Samuel Mc Kee wrote:

> > My question was aimed to towards an offline POS module. It would be like
> > the card swiping terminals you see at the grocery store, gas station,
> > etc... Is anybody working on something like that?

Our Standard Reserve ATM card can work at any merchant that
accepts pin-based debit cards.  We use it at our local Kroger.

My area of expertise is in retailing, especially technology for
retailers.  It's relatively easy to add Standard Reserve payment
option to most POS systems.  They usually have setup options
where the retailer can establish his/her own method of payment,
i.e., check, cash, debit card, Amex, Visa, etc.  All they need is
instructions.

Most merchants are linked to a card processing company, and are
not able to capture credit card information.  You probably saw
the Zon JR unit where they swipe the card and it goes to the
processor.  If they use a debit card capture machine they don't
have access to your PW, as it is entered once the connection is
made, and not on the local machine.  If somebody hands you a
computer keyboard, think twice.

Of course adding another payment option is always a Catch-22
situation.  The merchant plays the numbers game also.

We also have Standard Reserve in WAP and it is in a Beta stage right now.

George

George Matyjewicz,  President/General Manager
Standard Reserve Holding Limited
World Wide Currency for the World
http://www.standardreserve.com
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]