> It is true that by having a "pay to" account number that is different from
> the "spend" account number, it would make it much more difficult to hack
> accounts.

We've been over this before, and my response is the same: It does not solve
the real problem, which is that a fool and his password are soon parted. The
only effect of such a system would be to change the nature of the scams by
which passwords are stolen, _and_ it wouldn't foil a keyboard sniffer
attack.

As a practical matter, the "pay from" account number would really just be a
second password, and I don't see any difference between having a second
password and simply making the existing password longer, e.g. if your
password is "1487biteMe", you could make it "1487biteMe143MySecondPassword",
which would be that much more secure and wouldn't require a change in the
E-Gold software.