>My entire balance was taken on a spend to "goldmine" on
>June 9. Problem is, I didn't do the spend, never heard of
>"goldmine" and have NEVER, absolutely NEVER told anyone
>my passphrase. EVER. NOBODY!

A common con is that you are asked for a password on another site,
and then you unthinkingly USE THE SAME ONE as your egold password.

This is the #1 way to steal passwords.

>Also, I have never told
>anyone my balance! I reported this to Omnipay immediately,
>but found no answers...just another (yawn) weirdo who gave
>out his passphrase to some crook. Well, not this time...
>
>Note that someone not only knew my passphrase, but also
>my BALANCE!

This is not sensible, SSI.  if someone knows your password, they can
see your balance.

>Is this just an ingenious hacker, who entered
>the e-gold system, and made off with the loot, or ?
>
>I have been a member since the beginning, and have been an
>avid supporter of E-Gold. I now feel that something smells
>very badly WITHIN E-gold.

You need to get together with the other poeple who have had $ stolen
by "gold mine".

For instance, try to see a pattern in the time of day the money was
stolen.  At least then it can be guessed where in the world they are.