At 09:19 AM 6/19/2001, SnowDog wrote:

>President Carter had a bad PR rap. Here are some of the things he proposed,
>and pushed through:
>

>3) He nominated Paul Volker as Federal Reserve Chairman who subsequently
>raised interest rates and ended the inflation that was plaguing the 1970's.

Who, BTW made that statement that I love to quote...

"A global economy requires a global currency."
Paul Volcker, Former Chairman Federal Reserve

George

>Craig
>

>---
>You are currently subscribed to e-gold-list as:
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

George Matyjewicz,  President/General Manager
Standard Transactions (BVI) Limited
World Wide Currency for the World
http://www.standardreserve.com
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]