At 10:24 AM 6/19/2001, Hawk wrote:
> > Who, BTW made that statement that I love to quote...
>

>You're gonna laugh.  I don't remember!  I remember
>reading it when I was a kid but don't remember the
>person who said it.

"A global economy requires a global currency."
Paul Volcker, Former Chairman Federal Reserve

as quoted in the New York Times article in Feb 2000.  Quoted many
times including one by Dr. Robert A. Mundell, Columbia University
-- 1999 Nobel Laureate in his remarks delivered at an IMF panel,
September 22, 2000, Prague, Czech Republic.
http://www.usagold.com/gildedopinion/mundellprague.html

Interesting reading