Dave, I appreciate your cogent message.

However, consider this:

>Banner ads don't work

I don't agree and many people don't agree.  I've found they work very
well.  Big businesses can be built around them.

>annoying to established accounts.

I'm all for an "off" switch if anyone doesn't want it.

the idea of being able to be PAID FOR SPAM that someone worked out in
another post, is brilliant.

I both *want* to get serious commercial messages about e-gold (Fact:
I learned about xodds through a mass mailing they did) and I'm happy
to get paid to take them.

Everyone who doesn't want to see ads, should turn them "off".  Make
the default "off".  Sure.

>Targeting e-gold members through banner ads on e-gold's spend page
>won't solve anything.  Banner ads don't work.  Displaying them on
>the spend page would only be distracting to new account holders and
>annoying to established accounts.  Most importantly, policy
>decisions regarding content displayed within e-gold.com are at the
>sole discretion of the owners of e-gold.  It's enough for me that
>e-gold has created the currency itself, to expect them to also
>create my customers for me is completely inappropriate. I
>sympathize, because as a business I can't reach e-gold account
>holders either.  As an individual, that's one of the cool things
>about having an e-gold account, because I value my privacy over
>everyone else's reach.  I prefer to find what I need if/when I need
>it, rather than be 'reached' by sales solicitations.  The real
>problem is a lack of widespread, mainstream acceptance of e-gold as
>money.  e-gold isn't widely available to the mainstream.  'Raving
>fans' exist (jp!!) to go out and spread the word, but more are
>needed - lots more.  Perhaps the effort being wasted on this
>pointless banner ad discussion could be diverted into the promotion
>of e-gold to unknown parts.  Talking about e-gold here is great, but
>it's also the worst place to do it if you want everybody to be using
>it.  JRay mentions e-gold all over the internet, in fact just one
>post on slashdot produces more monthly traffic on metalproxy.com
>than all the e-gold directories combined!  It's pretty simple,
>really, just post half as much here and twice as much everywhere
>else, and forget trying to run e-gold's site.
>

>---
>You are currently subscribed to e-gold-list as: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"I feel like we're inside a Civilization game and there's some
fucking idiot playing." --Michael T. McNamara