Kind thanks to Mr. Hillary for his previous answers.

A couple of clarification-type questions:

1. Expanding upon your Digigold response:

> > 1.  What is the difference between DigiGold and
> > e-gold?  It seems payment can be sent with either,
> > so why two different systems?

<snip>

> Digigold relies on an electronic wallet on the client's PC, e-gold uses a
> standard web browser only.

Is this significant?  I mean, is there an advantage to an e. wallet?  It
looks like a pain in the butt to me, since it is yet another piece of
software to clutter up my computer (and possibly conflict with other
software).

<snip>

> Digigold is based on digitally signed receipts, stored in an electronic
> wallet, e-gold is an account based system.

I am not sure that I understand the difference.  Don't you also have
a Digigold account?  Isn't the receipt acknowledgement of that account?
Is there any advantage to receipts .vs. accounts?

Much of the above may be moot if Digigold is gone, but other similar
schemes may appear, and this would help me (and maybe others) to
understand.

2.  e-gold .vs. GoldMoney .vs. Standard Reserve:

Other than the fee structure, etc., is there any perceived
advantage/disadvantage to any of the above?  I am especially addressing
issues of safety (e.g. Is the gold really there? - and, yes, I know
e-gold is audited.), liquidity, etc.  It would appear that location
of the gold could be an issue, as storage in countries in areas of
considerable turmoil may have risks.  Also, how secure from failure
are the computer systems used to store all this info?  This would
involve physical location of systems (egad!! an earthquake swallowed
up my e-gold records!), system backup and redundancy, etc.

Thanks again,

Hans.

P.S. - Did I do OK on the repeated-information issue?