>Here's an idea!
>
>> BTW if you went long a few days ago when I said it was gonna shoot
>> up, you should SELL right now.  (I believe it will go down and close
>> that gap at 270 or so -- but there's no telling how long that can
>> take [could be days, or weeks]. There is NO strong reversal signal
>> there, although it's tryin' and trying' to make a reversal signal.)
>
>I was going to suggest a bet. I'll take the other side of the bet,  and bet
>that in two weeks, gold will be above 285, or so.

I neither agree nor disagree with that statement, I have no idea, so
I would not bet!

{FWIW, my modest comex predictions are very much TRADING predictions.
Example "I say that now, Wedneseday, 3PM, if you buy a 'down'
contract, you will make money. I will give you a matching prediction
when to get out of the trade in a few days!"  (80% of the time I have
"no clue" what the market's doing.)  I undertrade!!  It's all in the
charts!}

> However, there's Bamdex,
>but there's no way using Bamdex to keep the other side from closing the
>contract.

You could, I guess!  If you and I simply agreed to do so, and we
simply looked at the contract info
https://www.bamdex.com/cgi-bin/review.cgi you could easily say to me
"ok, thats MY contract waiting there, cross me now", you know?

Very easy - in fact i've done it before!

(I see a few contracts are being crossed as we speak, BTW)

> Would it be possible to have separate contracts in Bamdex which
>you're required to keep for a certain period of time, like contracts which
>expire in two weeks, but not before?

Certainly!  Excellent idea!

I thought maybe "you cannot dump a contract, unless (a) 5 trading
days has pased or (b) you have made or lost 0.50 gram"

Perhaps?

"Summary of 1960-2001 human technological achievement: word processors
with laser printers; the ability to view a low-res image of almost any
company's business card on your laptop-device; and two genres of video
game, first person and overhead."

Did you know that e-gold Ltd. stores more gold on behalf of customers
than many countries? See http://www.gold.org/Gra/Gra1.htm and the
e-gold Examiner at http://www.e-gold.com/examiner.html for details.