I read a fascinating article in Time last year about another online
RPG, the world's Biggest. It is a South Korean game, I think it is
called Homelands, and it is fascinating how real-life gangsters have
muscled into the online world, running protection rackets for
characters and threatening or beating people in real life for the
actions of their online counterparts. There is also a lot of fraud in
the sale of items from the game, just like normal auction fraud but
where the items themselves are illusory to begin with.

I wonder how the 'digital currency' of Platinum Pieces (plats) from
Everquest would compare to E-GOld or other online currencies. Maybe
some of the cambists should take a look....

  --- Send the right message ---

        + Today freemail +

Get your free, private email address at
       http://www.today.com.au