On Monday, May 6, 2002, at 09:22 AM, Patrick Chkoreff wrote:

> Platinum coins are much more shiny and lustrous than your picture shows.

One Oz. Platinum Eagles have both mirror-shiny and satin finishes on them,
and they are widely considered one of the most beautiful US coins ever
struck.
I sure think so, and I'm "into" coins! (Of course, the ultimate is a St.
Gaudens!)

The problem is that aside from gold and copper (that I can think of anyway)
most metals are probably best described as 'silvery.' Hmm. And both gold
and
copper are known to occasionally appear in pure or almost-pure form
naturally,
though I don't know what that weird factoid has to do with anything.
JMR