Hello Sidd,
That's because I use the online interface for posting rather than the mail
option.
The main reason for this is simply that I'm often on the road and don't
access our mail servers over wireless connections because I don't trust
the G-whatever_the_provider_currently_hypes security settings.

Well, and during the obligatory wifi browsing during coffee breaks I found
many a system that let me snoop and all and sundry because the cafe
operators are afraid that installing fire walls might constitute a
building hazard in their insurance policy.
In other words, the operators have no clue and the vendors are only
interested in getting the thing to run and then move on.

Seems to be not much different in other countries though. I had a nice
chat with the sysadmin of Changgi Airport in Singapore after he fingered
my snooping through their main frame searching for the gateway to the
booking interface of Singapore Airlines during a stop-over there ;o)

Based on that experience I won't touch anything critical at our own
systems while on the road. And that might finally resolve the mystery why
I have such a weird email address here.

Cheers,
Robert.

budget & privacy website hosting
http://www.cyberica.net
budget & privacy domain registrations + mail
http://www.u2planet.com/cfdomaintrust.html



---
You are currently subscribed to e-gold-list as: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Use e-gold's Secure Randomized Keyboard (SRK) when accessing your e-gold account(s) 
via the web and shopping cart interfaces to help thwart keystroke loggers and common 
viruses.

Reply via email to