I think this guy may be the same one that was stealing the v2gold content
and posting keyloggers to the site. Today he tried to transfer our main
domain into 3 accounts of well known people, threatened my life a few times
and tried to extort $1000 all while telling me to go @##^@ my mother... Now
ain't that just trite?

He is on this list reading this stuff. That is a fact.

Regarding your comment about banding together, I certainly think that it is
a good thing and in some ways we all already are looking out for one
another. For us we just simply don't expose ourselves in any way that could
make an impact.

Was he able to transfer our domains? no... hack our gold list password..
no... we do not keep files online... so that's out... e-gold? hmmm spread
around in all sorts of places... servers are spread around in many
locations... Domains are held in many locations...

this is good practice for many of you who may tend to pool your backbone
into one area that can be attacked. What hurts more? Do you have $100,000 of
e-gold in one account or in 20 accounts? Do you have 500 clients on one
server or 10 servers in 10 locations?

Its common sense really. If one server drops for any reason then only a
small portion of clients are affected at any one time thus lessening the
impact to them overall and to your business.

Most people are lazy about this because it complicates things and costs time
and money so the risks must be balanced against the costs as with anything.

But at some point it just makes sense to diversify your holdings. Businesses
who don't do this are more at risk as we saw again recently with an online
customer database.

Robert,

hosting companies share a unique position in that they are exposed to many
people and businesses and can have a behind the scenes feel for what is
going on in their line of business as opposed to non hosting companies who
may not see the things we see. So having contact in our area of specialty is
essential in some ways. You saw what transpired the other day and how a
situation can go from bad to ugly and back to ok again in a short period of
time and mostly it can be attributed to a lack of communication.

For anyone on this list who think we will mass mail anything considered to
be a recommendation of any site should know that we simply do not mail
clients for those sorts of reasons. I will not ever mail anyone without a
valid reason and if there is ever a doubt as to the origin or content of an
email you can always jump into a chat with me from our site and ask.

If anyone gets a domain registration and they are using our data, you can be
assured that it is a fake order. If we have not ordered domains from you up
until now we probably never will. Same goes for virtual hosting. Dedicated,
well sometimes we may go out for a server here and there but not all that
often outside of our normal circles. When in doubt, ask.

we are always open for meeting new people and making alliances in many
forms...

Gordon
www.katzglobal.com